Google Analytics GA4 Enhanced Measurement Upgrade
Enhanced Measurements For Your Audience Engagement
“You can’t manage what you can’t measure.” —Peter Drucker
If you already have a Google Analytics GA4 account, this upgrade offer is for you.
As of July 1, Google will automatically update your free Google Analytics GA4 from its old Universal Analytics property and assign you a new property called, GA4.
The automatic update does not mean you’ll lose your Google Analytics account, but with this new GA4 platform, their automatic update means you’ll lose out on collecting Enhanced Measurement data.
This means that without custom configuration (what the automatic update does NOT include), you will miss out on collecting these Enhanced Measurements:
- Page views – each time the page loads or the browser history state is changed by the active site
- Scrolls – the first time a user reaches the bottom of each page (i.e., when a 90% vertical depth becomes visible)
- Outbound clicks – each time a user clicks a link that leads away from the current domain
- Site search – each time a user is presented with a search results page, as indicated by the presence of a URL query parameter
- Video engagement – For embedded videos to show when the video starts playing, when the video progresses past 10%, 25%, 50%, and 75% duration time, and when the video ends
- File downloads – when a user clicks a link leading to a file (with a common file extension) of the following types: Document, text, executable, presentation, compressed file, video, audio
- Form interactions – 1. ‘form_start’: the first time a user interacts with a form in a session and 2. ‘form_submit’: when the user submits a form. You can use these two events to see how many users started to fill out a form and compare the information to users who submitted the form.
Why should these Enhanced Measurements matter to you?
Observing and measuring your website visitors’ engagement to improve sales and marketing efforts is far more beneficial than operating in the dark and possibly missing out on these potential opportunities.
Google Analytics GA4 offers valuable data and insights that can enhance the experience for your website visitors.
Gaining insights into their website behavior is crucial in fine-tuning your website to maximize marketing and sales opportunities.
Here are some key benefits:
Understand and Track Your Audience
Google Analytics GA4 can help you see information about your visitors, such as:
- Their geographical location
- The devices they use
- Where they are located: country and city
- How long they stay on your site
- What pages do they click on
- The time of day they typically visit your site
Measure Conversion and Engagement
Most analytics tools allow you to set up goals or events, which help you measure how well you’re achieving your objectives. This could be anything from:
- Completing a purchase
- Signing up to a newsletter
- Downloading a PDF
- Spending a certain amount of time on a page
Identify Traffic Sources
Website analytics let you see where your traffic is coming from, such as direct visits, search engines, social media, or referral sites. This can help you understand where your marketing efforts are most effective and where there might be opportunities to increase your visibility.
Google Ranking With Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Google Analytics GA4 provides data about the keywords that drive traffic to your site. Understanding these can help you optimize your content for search engines, potentially leading to increased organic traffic.
Improve User Experience On Your Website
By understanding how visitors navigate your site and where they might be dropping off, you can make adjustments to improve the overall user experience, which can lead to higher engagement and conversions.
Helps You Save Time, Money, And Improving Your ROI
Analytics help you understand which marketing strategies are working and which aren’t. This allows you to allocate your resources more effectively, potentially saving you money and improving your ROI.
Remember that merely having access to this data isn’t enough; you need to review it regularly and use it to inform your decision-making processes. Web analytics are a powerful tool that, when used correctly, can lead to significant improvements in your website’s performance and your overall online strategy.
NOTE***Google Analytics does not track people or profile people across the internet. Google Analytics cannot be used to track people across the web or apps. It does not create user profiles, nor does it show profile information like first name, last name, email addresses, or other personal information. Google Analytics helps owners of apps and websites understand how their users are engaging with their sites and apps (and only their site or app).
What happens if you don’t upgrade with these Enhanced Measurements?
This automated process might give you an illusion of security. We are all familiar with automatic upgrades, such as when Windows updates to a newer version, or the iPhone OS upgrades itself.
However, the Google Analytics GA4 upgrade is an entirely different matter. GA4 is a brand-new product on a new platform filled with a fresh data model, reports, interface, and more. The upgrade process initiates a new GA4 instance, which you might find challenging to navigate.
Moreover, the automatic upgrade only sets up a very rudimentary version of Google Analytics GA4. Many of your goals, events, etc., may not be correctly configured in GA4. Even if they are, they might not function as expected.
The automatic setup informs you with a less-than-ideal data arrangement in helping you make business decisions. Not configuring these enhanced measurements might require a fresh redo of setting up Google Analytics in the future.
This Google Analytics GA4 Enhanced Measurement Upgrade is for $79.00 USD.
This offer is for anyone who already has Google Analytics installed and would like someone who knows what they are doing to do it for them.
If however, you’d like to upgrade Google Analytics by migrating from Universal Analytics over to GA4 yourself, this is the link to get started with that process.
To have us do this for you—
Once you fill out this form answering some questions, we will:
- Email you an invoice for the $79.00 GA4 Enhanced Measurement upgrade within 24hrs
- Ask you via email for your Google Analytics Login Username and Password. We keep this information confidential.
Within 48 business hours, we will:
- Create your Google Analytics GA4 property (before the automatic July 1 deadline)
- Configure the Enhanced Measurement settings
- Update you that it’s completed
- Provide you with a video on how to read the report.
***If you do not have Google Analytics installed on your website and would like to set it up, please fill out our contact form and schedule a call with us. We are glad to quote you and set that up.