Benefit From These Exciting Brand New Canva AI Updates
Table of Contents
Tired of struggling to create professional-looking graphics and marketing materials? Web-based design platform, Canva, has just announced a suite of Canva AI power tools and brand management products aimed at streamlining your content creation process.
You might be asking yourself, “How do I make an AI image in Canva?” With these new tools, even those without design experience can create stunning social media graphics and presentations, leaving graphic designers free to tackle more pressing tasks. Canva’s impressive array of features could even give Adobe a run for its money in some offices and creative departments. Get ready to create beautiful, on-brand content with ease!
What is Canva?
Canva is an online graphic design tool for non-graphic designers. Use it to create social media posts, presentations, posters, videos, and more.
The Benefits Featured At Canva’s Create Event
At their Canva Create event, Canva shared some new things that will take your branded content to the next level. These features allow companies to easily set their preferred colors and fonts, update their logo across various designs with just one click, and ensure their designs align with brand guidelines.
The addition of new features like gradients, layers, and alt text images make creating stunning designs even simpler. This push towards team and enterprise use has paid off for Canva, with an impressive six million teams already using the platform, including some big brand names like American Airlines, Marriott, Salesforce, and Zoom. With real-time collaboration capabilities continuing to drive their growth, Canva is definitely a go-to for businesses aiming to elevate their branding game.
Get organized with easy to use Brand Folders, where you can group assets together for streamlined events, campaigns, and projects. For those repetitive tasks, designers can create pre-branded reusable templates with Brand Templates. We are delighted and thankful for these features because they benefit our clients in keeping the brand consistent and on point every time with Canva’s Visual Worksuite.
When asked about the AI product rush:
“We’ll do what we’ve always done, which is focus on our own race.”
—Melanie Perkins, CEO
The Canva AI And Update List
Here we cover the majority of this massive Canva update listing the details, benefits and our recommended opinion on each feature:
1. Magic Design
- Upload your image or video. Canva AI technology is used to create the most relevant and well-suited designs. You can select any style or color palette and find an aesthetic that complements your brand.
- Magic Design whips up a curated selection of personalized templates so you spend less time searching for the right design and more time perfecting it to suit your needs.
We love the idea of this new tool to bring creative ways into finding design inspiration, but at the same time, if you don’t have all your branded pictures, fonts, colors, and much more, it’s not going to fit the characteristics and human personality of your brand. Use the Canva AI technology to create “relevant” designs. You will have to play with it to get a decent quality image.
2. Magic Presentation
- Create engaging and rich presentations about any topic with relevant and inspiring content already entered. Forget spending hours, Magic Presentation can help nail your first draft in seconds.
- Magic Presentation will suggest a suitable structure and content, including images, quotes, and even icebreakers. It does all the upfront work so you can focus on adding the important details and your own unique touches.
- Styles and Layouts – You know that feeling that no matter how long you spend moving things around and trying different images, colors, and fonts, you still can’t get it to look right? Styles and Layouts will help to get it right. First things first, you’ll need a consistent aesthetic that pulls everything together. Use Styles to quickly and easily find the perfect look and apply it across any presentation in just one click.
- You can also apply a color palette from any image within your design or you can copy a style from a recent design to keep the same look and feel across your projects.
- Simply choose from the layout suggestions based on your current content. This way all the spacing and formatting look just right. You can go slide-by-slide and choose what layout works best to draw.
We love the idea of having a shortcut for a topic. You get 100 characters to describe what you wish the presentation to be about, which might not be enough if you want something descriptive, but it does start the process of creativity. We do see a lack of strategies, a lack of buyer intent, and a lack of storytelling. We don’t recommend this as a go-to for anything close to a real presentation.
- Draw with freehand sketches for any project to go from ideas to action. Whether you’re making selections from a photoshoot, highlighting in a presentation, or planning out your next big project on a whiteboard, Draw makes it a breeze to get your thoughts in shape and go from inspiration to execution.
- Simply select the pen that you want, and customize it with any color or weight to enhance your design and make your ideas pop.
- Elevate your sketches with Shape Assist, just start by drawing a simple shape like a star and shape and it will transform it into a polished one.
- If you need to highlight, annotate, or draw attention to something, Draw makes it even easier for anyone on your team to share their points of view or unleash wild visions from their fingertips.
- In the next few months, you’ll be able to use Draw to sketch or use Graphic mode to sketch out ideas and find your perfect graphic match from the Canva library. Getting from scribbles to slick visuals has never been so magical.
We love the idea of brainstorming and putting together ideas and working through them. What we saw is that Shape Assist isn’t currently working yet. This might be working in the coming weeks. Other than that, it’s great for a team to work together.
4. Magic Write
- It’s a power button that provides quick access to the best of Canva and connects you to the Canva AI power tools like magic. Magic Write can be used across the whole platform.
- Stuck for words? Magic Write will expand on what you have already
- Writing feeling bland? You can use Rewrite to fix errors, create clarity, and add a splash of creativity to an otherwise rough draft.
- Magic Write is now available in 21 languages.
We love this for short content that you want to write and spread through your social media. You have to look for the power button on the right lower side of your screen. We believe this will help you create a ton of value for your audience.
- Translate is the feature that helps you communicate across borders and speak your audience’s language. Translate will magically transform your designs into multiple languages.
If you have an international audience or even want to break into a new market, this will be the way to spread your message and brand!
6. Text to Image
- You really can design the way you see the world. This will bring your words and phrases to life by transforming them into beautiful images using Canva AI.
This is a really cool Canva AI image generator as many have been using Midjourney, Jasper, and other AI tools to bring to life new images. What we have seen over and over again is that AI can’t generate humans well. It distorts them really badly and leaves you wanting to throw the images away. It’s great for objects and different styles. Eventually, it will be a very powerful tool.
Is there a free AI text generator?
Another tool we found is Stable Diffusion. Their website states that It is a latent text-to-image diffusion model capable of generating photo-realistic images given any text input, cultivates autonomous freedom to produce incredible imagery, empowers billions of people to create stunning art within seconds.
Create beautiful art using stable diffusion ONLINE for free.
7. Magic Edit
- You can add or replace something in a photo. Just describe what you want and watch it magically appear.
- Magic Eraser – Make your subject stand out and remove unwanted objects from images.
- Just brush over the area and watch as the distraction is magically removed. It’s perfect for removing photo bombers, and anything else to disappear.
The Magic Eraser works pretty well and we recommend it for smaller objects. It can do bigger objects, but it can’t be cluttered with many objects. The Magic Eraser is still not working as well. We tried removing the flowers and adding a pink heel and instead it gave pink flowers! Just be aware.
- In the editor, you can craft your story with motion or make your point clear. All you need to do is simply drag your element across the screen to record the path you want your animation to follow.
- You can speed up or slow down the animation by changing the pace of your movements while you’re recording.
This worked exceptionally well and it was easy to do. You can upload your own elements or pick from the library. We used one of the elements already provided and sped the animation to meet the typing animation to the quote. It worked like a charm!
7. Beat Sync
- Whether you want to upload your own track or choose from our royalty-free library, in just one click, Beat Sync will match your video footage to your soundtrack automatically.
- You will still be able to manually change something on your clip.
So, this isn’t available yet. It is only available to try their one clip and nothing else. We believe this future feature will save excessive time editing for Reels, TikTok, and YouTube Shorts. Stay tuned for more on this tool.
It’s remarkable to think of all the features offered by Canva and its Pro version – from Magic Design, Magic Presentation, Drawing Tools, to Translate and Beat Sync capabilities. Together, these tools make Canva one of the most helpful program for graphic designers and video makers.
Not only does Canva provide users with access to countless stock images for free or at a nominal charge but it also allows users to create their own visuals quickly and easily. With its AI-powered designs and real-time updates, you’ll never be stuck in style rut again! Plus, the ease of use is unparalleled – inspiring creativity in every user.
So, if you’ve been looking for solutions when it comes to creating stunning visuals that capture attention and add maximum value to your content – now is the time to get on board with Canva Pro!
Sign up today and let your creative juices start flowing!
Nicole Andrew is a 20 year brand designer, Level-C certified brand strategist, educator, and co-owner of 28Lions, a branding & marketing consultancy agency.